My Unreal Life

Monday, March 23, 2009

My Apologies & My Post

First off, I will start this blog post by apologising to readers for having not posted for weeks. So much has happened in these few weeks and I am going to address them all in this blog post. (Hopefully):)

I am very disturbed by the fact that my sister in now in Junior College and guess what? She is actually in Hwa Chong Junior College! (Nothing disturbing in that, but read on.) She also has the same CCA as me, that is Chinese drama! In Chinese Drama, students are put into five different groups each in charge of different things. I still cannot believe the fact that she is also in the same group as me! When I told my classmates about this, they were shocked and felt that the blood of Chinese drama runs in my family. (I think so too) I mean, how can there be such a coincidence? I am disturbed.

Next, I will reflect on my results for Term 1.

Overall, I got 2.65 for my MSG, which equates to about 68 for each subject. Personally, I feel that its a decent grade but I could have gotten higher. I was careless for many of my subjects and most of them just needed that 1-2 mark to go to the next grade. If I had not been so careless, I could have gotten at least a 2 for my MSG. Then again, I am constantly being compared to with my sister who scored a perfect 1 while in secondary 1, so I have been affected and my target for this year is actually a 1.3 or less. (My initial targets were 1.5 and below.)

My mother often says that I have low EQ and that a person with high IQ but low EQ is as good as rubbish. You might be wondering, what has this piece of information got to do with anything? Actually, Today, while taking the bus 67 home as usual, something unusual happened....

The bus was packed like sardines when I boarded it. But, stop by stop, the passengers alighted and I was able to squeeze to the back without any hassle. But, that could not be said for some other passengers.

There was this old lady who was very inconsiderate and while she was sitting down, there was this empty sit next to her but she did not move to allow ease of access. To make things worse, she started shouting at a girl who tried to squeeze to the sit beside her. Then the old lady continued scolding the other passengers who were not moving to the rear while she was the one at fault. After the "scolding spree" she jerked the air conditioning thing on the bus roughly towards herself, thus depriving the poor girl of the air condition.

I feel that this act has shown lack of EQ by the old lady. I have finally realised what my mother meant when she said that a person without EQ is worthless. People who lack EQ actually embarrass themselves and members of the public do not treat this people kindly. In fact, I would not be surprised if someone had taken a video on the woman and posted it on YouTube. Thus, the moral of the story is: Be a person who has IQ, EQ and AQ.

Thanks For Reading,
C.C.

P.S. C.C. is Keng Jun Xian, just in case you thought he had been kidnapped and his body taken over by aliens.

2 Comments:

  • At May 22, 2009 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Jonah said...

    Good observation and insightful post. However, I think you can improve with more of personal reflections and opinions :). Maybe you can express your opinion about the old lady and relate it to a philosiphical issue? :)

    Anyway, nice blog here. It is pretty neat.

    Keep up the good work!

    Jonah

     
  • At May 22, 2009 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Jonah said...

    Nice Blog!

    Jonah

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones